Summer days are for healthy salads. With research telling us that pasta isn’t all that bad nor fattening, why not use pasta as a salad. Try this delicious pasta salad recipe, which is super quick and easy.
Ingredients (2 people):
- 1/2 cup orzo, or other pasta of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can/jar chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can/jar borlotti beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups cooked baby spinach
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Cook orzo until just tender, according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Press to remove excess water. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with oil.
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste with the back of a spoon in a medium bowl. Whisk in lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked orzo, artichokes, chickpeas, borlotti beans, parsley and mint; toss gently to combine. Add tomatoes and toss again.
- Divide spinach between 2 plates and top with the salad.