The term paccheri (meaning “slap” in Neapolitan) perhaps refers to the noise it makes when dressed with a sauce, a sort of squishy slap. Anyone who thinks they’re not missing anything by not trying them really is “nu’ turzo” (an idiot). So try this tasty recipe which is sure to impress!
Ingredients for 4 people:
200g fresh squid(or jared)
3 whole artichokes (fresh or under oil)
1 clove garlic
- Clean out, wash and cut the squid into thin strips; clean and devein the prawns.
- Aside, clean the artichokes, cut into thin strips and put in water with lemon juice.
- In a pan, sauté a chopped clove of garlic, add the squid and prawns and cook. Add salt and parsley and continue to sauté. Add a drop of water and cook for around 5 minutes more.
- Cook the pasta in a separate pan
- Whilst the pasta cooks, flour the artichokes and fry them. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, work on a high flame and then turn out into a serving dish, adding the crispy artichokes last of all. Serve.